Project management with GitHub
Since December 2014, the source code of generic plugins (old branch / portal / trunk of SVN) is migrated on the GitHub platform: https://github.com/lutece-platform
Each plugin or module has its own repository in GitHub. The name of the repository is constructed as follows:
lutece - [ category ] - [plugin | module | library] - [ plugin name ]
So there is no tree like in SVN.
Local organization and tools
It is suggested to create a local directory: ~ / java / github / lutece or c: \ java \ github \ lutece which we will designate by the variable LUTECE_GITHUB_HOME.
Utility scripts are available at the following address: https://github.com/lutece-platform/git-scripts Download them with the Download Zip and install them in the LUTECE_GITHUB_HOME directory
- For a first installation of the repositories: start the script init_projects.sh . This script will create a directory for each repository and make a local copy of it ( git clone )
- For an update of all projects: run the update_projects.sh script. This script will update the local repository for all projects ( git pull ).
For more information on using these scripts please refer to the Synchronizing GitHub repositories page
Work in multi-projects
To work in multi-projects, copy the main pom.xml in the LUTECE_GITHUB_HOME directory and in the profile definition multi-project modify the list of projects
<Profile> <Id> multi-project </id> <Modules> <Module> Lutece-core </module> <Module> Lutece-search-library-lucene </module> <Module> Lutece-cms-plugin-paper </module> ... </Modules> </Profile>
Migration of SVN components to GIT
- To migrate the generic components of the old SVN (/ portal / trunk /):
Start the import_svn_project.sh script with the following parameters:
- the name of the category in SVN
- the name of the component
- the name of the category in GiHub
Ex: import_project.sh cms plugin-document cms